Julie Gudger's Bio | JG Studios, LLC
The inspiration for Julie's art is drawn from everyday life. Her paintings reflect ideas, emotions and expressions that
come from the heart and inspiration from the Holy Spirit. Her primary media is acrylic on stretched canvas.
Recent work has been inspired from the desire for peace and quiet and the vastness and variety of clouds, sunsets and
skies in general, either from the beauty of the somewhere tropical or just a car ride in the city. Her eyes have been mesmerized by the changes in each one, and there is an urgency to paint when she sees one. Along with sunsets,
nature as a whole is inspiring...whether it is positive or negative. Art is the way Julie best expresses joy, peace, hurt,
anger and frustration from events in the world or in her life as a whole. Working from basic emotions helps the viewer
engage more deeply into each painting.
Julie is a graduate of Savannah College of Art & Design with a Bachelor of Arts in Painting, and a minor in Art History.
She ventured into advertising with a certificate in Art Direction from the Creative Circus. She works extensively in
commercial real estate in the Atlanta area. She currently resides in Smyrna, Georgia with her husband, daughter
& puppy dog.
Exhibits & Collections
- 2019 October - Taylor Brawner Park with Art, Smyrna, GA
- 2018 October - Creative Mill Expo, Roswell, GA
- 2017 October - Creative Mill Expo, Roswell, GA
- 2017 October – Taylor Brawner Park with Art, Smyrna, GA
- 2016 October – Taylor Brawner Park with Art, Smyrna, GA
- 2013 February - Spotlight on Art Artists Market, Trinity School, Atlanta
- 2012 June/July - Jack Art Gallery, Atlanta
Ongoing Collection - Peachtree Offices in Atlanta
- 2001 Creative Circus, Atlanta, GA - Certificate in Art Direction
- 1994 Savannah College of Art & Design, Savannah, GA
Bachelor of Arts in Painting. Minor, Art History